Mobile marketing is growing by leaps and bounds and your emails need to be mobile-device ready. Many of us have perfected how to ensure our emails render correctly on desktops, but how do we cater to portable devices with screens 7 inches or less? This requires a different approach compared to that of traditional email design. It is actually fairly simple and can be fairly straightforward but too often marketers make it harder than it needs to be. Take these tips into account:
1. First, plan to create a mobile version of your email.
2. Keep your email width less than 600 pixels and images less than 300 pixels.
3. Fonts need to be larger; your content needs to be brief and precise.
4. Call to action buttons and links should be given the most prominent email real estate.
5. Avoid using tiny navigation or menu bars.
6. Don’t stack links on top of one another.
7. Use a single column.
8. Use no more than 2 images and keep them simple.
9. Short subject lines with 40 characters or less.
10. Stick to simple programming.